Monday, February 16, 2015

Crazymaker's



      As Julia  Cameron said in the article dealing with crazy makers is a part of everyday life. Different carries have different forms of crazy makers. Since our carrier is one the deals with a high level of drama our crazymakers are a special breed. Thankfully I have not come across many while in this program. However I have come across a few while working different shows. A crazymaker can simple be described as a leech that feeds on drama. If you aren’t careful you can easily be pulled into the drama that has surrounded them. This is exactly what happened to me while working a show. I was helping hang lights in swine palace and one of the girls helping just seemed out of it. Since we were going to up there for a while focusing lights I asked what was wrong. She explained to me the situation which at the time didn’t really seem like an issue. I gave her some simple “pick me up” advice and she cheered up some. We were able to finish focusing and go separate ways. I didn’t think much of it until I overheard another group of girls talking about a very similar situation.  They saw me as I was approaching and got real quit and separated. I knew one of them so I approached her and she came at me kind of hostile explaining her situation.  Apparently it was believed that I was siding with the other girl about the issue. I tried to explain my side but of course it wasn’t heard. I still don’t understand what all really happened between them. I completely removed myself from the situation. This is another reason why I always walk around with my headphones on. It is hard to get mistakenly pulled into drama if you can’t over hear it.
     Now crazymaker’s in my personal life is another story. In the professional world it is somewhat easier to separate yourself from the drama because you must remain professional. However in the social world we may feel we have more of an obligation, depending on the person. If we have a friend who is unconsciously a crazymaker we may try to save them, which in most cases is impossible. A good number of people in my personal life are crazymakers especially girls. For a while it seemed that was all I attracted. I was told by my best friend that I am easy to talk to and a little too willing to listen which doesn’t help the situation at all. This trait has gotten pulled into much drama without me even trying. However I have been able to find ways out of each situation.  One trick I use is that I don’t approach the situation, if I know both parties, without hearing both sides voluntarily. Once I have heard both sides I have them talk face to face and serve as a mediator to make sure both sides are heard. If I don’t know the other party I simply convince my friend to move on and forget because the situations are normally minor. Crazymaker’s will only build drama if you allow them. The best thing to do is not show them attention and it will blow over even faster.


No comments:

Post a Comment