The software that makes up my processor is both pre-installed
and self-downloaded. Growing up the same malware was installed in my mind like
most young kids by their parents. I was raised in a Christian house hold so natural
those values have been a major part of my life. However as I have gotten older
I have installed my own versions. One thing my parents always taught is that we
served a loving God and we should try to follow that moto. So when it comes to
subject such as race or sexuality the hatred that comes with it does not
compute. Truly having faith and a relationship with God and being religious are
two different programs that people need to check before downloading. They may
look similar but they are completely different.
Now begin a black male required a few extra programs.
Growing up I was taught by the of the older woman in my family that I was born
with 2 strikes against me. The first strike is that I was black. The second
strike is that I was also a black male. I was taught to always have my guard up
because people on both sides would come from me. I was told to respect police
but never to trust them. Sadly this has been reinforced especially since being
at LSU. I have been accused of not working in my building or living at my apartment
by police because I looked suspicious. I have been egged while walking home by
some white frat boys passing by in a truck. Even when I was in high school I
had to deal with racism when we played PWI high schools. Some of the members of
the black community shunned me as well. Growing up some said I was black enough
because I didn’t sag or clam my hood. When I came to LSU some of my class mates
who went to SU were mad I chose a PWI over an HBCU. However I know what I am
and that is a black man who refuses to be defined by a mold or statistic. It is
a shame that such actions are common especially in the south. I fear that once
I have children I will have to pass on this software to them.
My financial
software is similar to many middle class college students. At times it feels
that even though I work hard and earn enough to survive I’m not going anywhere.
No matter how hard a work it seems like bills and other living expensive eat
away at my savings. However even when money is tight I always have enough to
help a friend or buy a gift. When it comes to me I seem to be a little more hesitant
because I know I could spend that money on something important. All of my
software is still improving as time goes on. There is always room for new
programs

No comments:
Post a Comment